Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopkins to work with Angelina?

Go down

Hopkins to work with Angelina? Empty Hopkins to work with Angelina?

Post by Admin Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Hopkins to work with Angelina? Angelina-jolie
Thursday, 5 May 2011
Sir Anthony Hopkins is in talks to work with Angelina Jolie

Sir Anthony Hopkins is in talks to work with Angelina Jolie

Sir Anthony Hopkins has revealed that he is in talks with Angelina Jolie about playing Winston Churchill in a film she's developing.

While he is being courted by the Salt star, the Welsh-born legend, who currently stars in Thor, hasn't made a decision about portraying the former British Prime Minister because he would have to pile on the pounds.

"I don't know, I'd have to put on some weight to play Churchill. I've just taken the weight off, I'd have to put it back on again," he joked to MTV News.

The film, tentatively titled Churchill And Roosevelt, is expected to focus on the relationship between the British leader and former US President Franklin Roosevelt.

"I might work with Angelina Jolie on Churchill And Roosevelt. She's got a thing about Churchill. Angelina sent me a synopsis of the script yesterday, so that's in the offing as well," he continued.

Anthony heaped praise on Angelina, describing her as "terrific".

"She's one of the most beautiful women in the world and she's so smart and easygoing. No starry nonsense about her," he said.

"I think the same with Brad [Pitt], they seem to be very nice people."

He also revealed that the part of Roosevelt is still in the running.

"We're looking. She's looking for somebody to play Roosevelt, I don't know who yet," Anthony added.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hopkins to work with Angelina? Empty Re: Hopkins to work with Angelina?

Post by Admin Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Anthony Hopkins revealed in a recent interview that he’s been talking to Angelina Jolie about taking on the role of Sir Winston Churchill in Churchill and Roosevelt. Although I haven’t heard too many details about the film, it’s probably safe to assume that Churchill and Roosevelt will focus on the two leaders’ professional relationship during World War II.

Jolie is said to be “developing” the film, though it’s not clear whether her official role will be that of a producer, director, actress, or some combination thereof. She’s apparently very excited about the project, however — Hopkins said that Jolie has “got a thing about Churchill,” whatever that means.

Jolie recently sent a synopsis of the script to Hopkins, but the actor has not yet confirmed his involvement. One thing holding him back may be the politician’s famously rotund physique: “I don’t know, I’d have to put on some weight to play Churchill,” Hopkins joked to the interviewer. “I’ve just taken the weight off, I’d have to put it back on again.” The project is still seeking a Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum